[Harp-L] Re: $500 and a new amp...

On Dec 7, 2006, at 6:26 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 05:00:00 -0600
From: "Shay Allen" <shay.allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] $500 and a new amp...
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have about $500 dollars and a Shure 520 mic. I am looking for the best
amp to buy to get the raw blues sound that everyone is looking for.
Please help!

Ampeg Jets are nice amps. Check this one out on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-AMPEG-JET-GUITAR-AMP-MODEL-J-12-NO- RESERVE_W0QQitemZ260060216644QQihZ016QQcategoryZ118983QQssPageNameZWDVWQ QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are a LOUD 15-watt amp. They are good on the stage, and are a great practice amp besides. I prefer the larger speakers in small amps. The Jet has a single 12.

If you buy it and decide you don't like it, you can always throw it back up on ebay and get your money back.

Ray.

--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music.html