[Harp-L] Re: Danny Boy

Faith and begorra,
I looked at the harp tab BostonMoeJo@xxxxxxx posted, and I find that the
repeated 6 blow on the line "It's I'll be here" is not what I am used to
hearing--I flat the 5 on the word "I'll". So I whipped out my XB-40
converted to Paddy by Mr. Missin, and it worked a treat--blow bend on that
note.
HOWEVER, the Major Cross tuning works as well or better. Now granted it
inverts the blow/draw relationship of the harp, but it does in fact work
perfectly for this tune and lots of major scale stuff--and several important
notes are possible with draw bends: b3, b5, b7.
Many thanks again to Tony Eyers for hipping me to this tuning--it's working
out for me very well indeed.
Gary