[Harp-L] Re: The worst harmonica player

I don't think he's nearly the worst player, but some of Dylan's harp work for the Blonde on Blonde album, and especially the live performances around that time, are truly grating and shrill.  I think he played them that way on purpose to give the music more of a circus sound or something, but I can't stand it.  The reason I assume it was intentional is that Dylan is usually a technically capable harp player and at the very least understands when a harp part is appropriate and how to make it fit well with the song.  But in the late 60s, he was using the harp more as a musical weapon than an instrument.

Jonathan Metts