Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Bands in the IBC Contest

Well, I don't think they have a CD up for this but they *will* be at the competition, representing the Blues Society of Central Pennsylvania ('cmon jimmy day, these is your PA homeboys!), Krypton City Blues Review will be competing at IBC and that includes harp-l member Mike Easton. I think he's one of the best anywhere (ok, disclaimer, he's my buddy ) so I'm thinking of taking the trip down to Memphis to support these guys from my home turf as well as catch the rest of the great harp players including you Jimmy Day!

Bill Hines

----- Original Message ----- From: <jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 1:38 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonica Bands in the IBC Contest

There are a few harmonica fronted bands at the International Blues Challenge (IBC) this year.

Self Produced CD Rules
The entries for the Best Self Produced CD have gone to the first round judges. Stay tuned, at the end of the month we will annouce who will preceed to the next round.
1. Blue Latitudesâ?"James Day and the Fish Fry (Diamond State Blues Society)
2. My Kind of Crazy â?"The Mojomatics (Connecticut Blues Society)
3. Shoppinâ?T For The Blues â?" Jimmy Prichard (Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation)
4. Been A Long Time Coming â?" Root Doctor (Capital Area Blues Society)
5. Live NRG â?" The NRG Band (Long Island Blues Society)
6. The Buicks (Baltimore Blues Society)
7. Take the Gamble â?" David Gross (United Jersey Blues Network)
8. Goinâ?T Home â?"Steve A. Miller (EARTH Awareness of Brevard County)
9. Olâ?T Soulâ?"Laurie â?oWaddyâ?? Mitchell (Memphis Blues Society)
10. Red Dirt Blues â?" Jeff Strahan Band (San Angelo Blues Society)
11. Milk and Cookies -- Alvin Jett & the Phat Noiz(St. Louis Blues Society)
12. We Are Mighty Lester â?" Mighty Lester (Triangle Blues Society)
13. Ahead to the Past â?" Walker Smith Group (Suncoast Blues Society)
14. Simply Bobbie - Bobbie Mercy Oliver (Shagbark Blues Society)
15. Good Old Wagon â?" Aaron Burton-Cheryl Arena (North Texas Blues Society)
16. Tales From A 2 Lane â?" Lew Jetton & 61 South ( Kentucky Blues Society)
17. No Cover â?" King Muddfish (South Florida Blues Society)
18. Roll of the Dice â?" Theresa and TC Blues (Cape Fear Blues Society)
19. Doghouse Daddies (Lake of the Ozarks Blues Society)
20. Back To Bentonia â?" Jimmy â?oDuckâ?? Holmes (Crossroads Blues Society)
21. Drivinâ?T the Blues â?" The Hiser Brothers (Blues Society of the Ozarks)
22. Borrowed Time â?" The Cazanovas (Atlanta Blues Society)
23. Livinâ?T Between the Black â?~n Whiteâ?" Scottie Miller (Greater Twin Cities Blues Society)
24. The Touchâ?"Robert A. Johnson (MO Blues Association)
25. Back in the Bluesâ?"Steve â?oThe Harpâ?? Blues Band (Blues Blowtorch)
26. If the Blues Wereâ?¦--Bacon and Eggs Blues Band (Mid-North Michigan Blues Society)
27. If I Was a Fish â?" Matt Woods (Central Iowa Blues Society)
28. Groove Injected â?" Slugger Trask (Blues Society of Tulsa)
29. Acoustic land Lady â?" Colin John Band (Creekside Blues Society)
30. Floydâ?Ts Market â?" Moreland, Arbuckle & Floyd (The Wichita Blues Society)
31. Life of Ease â?" The Sean Carney Band (The Columbus Blues Alliance)
32. White Heat â?" Cretan Clawson (Black Swamp Blues Society)
33. Live at the Cincy Blues Festival â?" Sonny Moorman (Cincy Blues Society)
34. Cominâ?T Home â?" The Randy Oxford Band (South Sound Blues Association)
35. Two Things for Sure â?" Blues Alliance (Washington Blues Society)
36. Rain of Days â?" Joe McMurrian (Cascade Blues Association)
37. Headed South â?" Blue Stew & Friends (Santa Barbara Blues Society)
38. Mighty Crazy â?" The Fremonts (Blues Lovers of San Diego)
39. Stompinâ?T Next Door â?" Michael Rizza (The Santa Clarita Valley Blues Society)
40. Death Letter â?" Paris James (The Phoenix Blues Society)
41. Really Nice Smile - Jeff Watson Band Sierra Blues Society (Sierra Blues Society)
42. She Gets Unrulyâ?"Chubby Rae & the Elevators (Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society)
43. Nashville Callingâ?"AG Weinberger (Bluesylvaniaâ?"Romania)
44. Mainly Blue ---Charles Pasi (Blues sur Siene â?" France)
45. Too Many Ways â?" Marco Pandolfi & The Jacknives (Associazione Roots and Blues)
46. Shut the Front Door â?" The Bluesers (Canada South Blues Society)