[Harp-L] More fun with Octaves

Hi gang,

Been super busy moving into a new house and have
not had much time for the L, but peek in now and
again and saw a nice thread on useful octaves.

I just wanted to add that there is an all-octave
"scale" of sorts that I have been using alot lately
that comes in very handy for 2nd position playing.

Here's the useful octaves:

draw 1-4
blow 2-5
blow 3-6
draw 3-7
draw 4-8
blow 5-8
blow 6-9
draw 6-10

On a C harp that amounts to:
D, E, G, B, D, E, G, A

I have no idea if that fits into any kind of
"legal" musical scale, but the octave notes therein
can be mighty useful.

Take a familiar blues lick like the Juke-ish:
2, 3, 4, 5+ 3+-6+
and immediately follow it up with the octaves:
blow 3-6, draw 3-7, draw 4-8, blow 5-8, blow 6-9

Magic!!

Play around with those octaves until you can move
around amongst them at speed. There are a million
ways to use them.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.