[Harp-L] Cross harp Minor scales...

A while back there was some talk about playing 2nd position in minor
keys....I missed out on it so I'm here now. I really like playing in cross
over a minor and once (Most the time) you get use to always bending the 3
draw down to the right pitches and avoiding (most the time) the 7
draw/adding the 6 O.B. It's fun and easy to mix you blues licks in between
some of the scales below.

 ALSO try learning all these scales in 1st position and 3rd not only to have
them in that position but more importantly to be able to apply them to the
normal 1/4/5/ chord changes you'll find in blues tunes....Example.1 chord
start in second pos with one of the scales below., 4 chord use same harp and
same scale in 1st pos., 5 chord same harp same scale in 3rd pos. ,This
helped me to start treating chord changes sort of like key changes or at
least helped me to understand and implement the same pitches that are
related to/made of the chords at any given moment. This is fun stuff a lot
of people already know but it will help some players to start thinking
outside positions and licks buy ironically implementing multiple "positions"
on one harmonica...Hope this makes sense...
Love
Jason Ricci
 http://www.jasonricci.com

Pentatonic scale.

-Draw 2, draw 3 bent a half step, blow 4, draw 4, draw five, blow 6,(run
backwards). Also add the 4 draw bend for the "Blues Scale"

Other minor scales

-Draw 2, bend 3 whole step, bend 3 half, blow 4, draw 4, Blow 5, draw 5,
blow 6.(Dorian)

-draw 2, bend 3 whole step, bend 3 half, blow 4, draw 4, overblow 4, draw 5
blow 6.(Natural minor)

Draw 2, bend 3 whole, bend 3 half, blow 4, draw 4, overblow 5, blow 6.(jazzy
melodic minor)

Draw 2, 3 bend a whole step and a half, 3 draw, 4 blow, 4 draw, 4 over blow,
5 draw, 6 blow. ( strange Egyptian, gypsy scale I don't know the real name
of).
 There are many more combos of these..