[Harp-L] crystal elements

Hi, Jim

The crystal elements do sound sweet. They are getting harder and harder to get because the materials used in constructing them simply disintegrate with age, and they don't tolerate shock well at all. I have tried buying crystal elements for my inventory off eBay - the last 3 I bought, all claimed to be working fine, have low output. I do have an Astatic 200 with what appears to be its original element. It is an MC-151 with a sticker that says 8-62, which I presume to be its manufacturing date. This element still sounds good, and although the output is not what it used to be, as long as you have amp headroom to turn up a few clicks from your regular setting, it has enough. Contact me offline if you're interested in the whole thing or the element.

Best Regards

Greg Heumann http://www.blowsmeaway.com