[Harp-L] What is a scale

Michael Rubin wrote an exellent post on understanding 3rd position.He
concluded with this question:
>and the highest D is just plain not available unless someone has figured
out how to get a D out of 10 overdraw.<

Hi Michel
I'm surprised that you of all people are not familliar with the existance of
this possability however hard it might be to reproduce.
Take the covers off, block the 10 hole draw reed with your thumb, then bend
the overdraw up from C# to D.
I know of at least two players capable of this, strangly enough both
French - Sebastien Charlier and our own long lost Frogy (Nicolas Fouquet )
and I suspect that Titus over in Holland is also a member of this elite
club.
Does this implie that the Europiens can go one better than the Americans?
After all the Canadians already have!!

mO#
www.harmopoint.com
http://titanicstringband.free.fr/
http://tinyurl.com/kg9ur
http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable