Re: [Harp-L] Re: Willie Big Eyes Smith

Bass players on the CD are Calvin "Fuzz" Jones and Bob Stroger.

----- Original Message ----
From: Joe Lempkowski <mr_jlemko@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2006 7:22:24 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Willie Big Eyes Smith

In addition to beng a great drummer,  Willie Smith is
a very good traditional blues harp player.  I'm sort
of surprised that this surprises people.  It's been
written about in various Blues magazines in almost
every interview he has ever given.  He's in his 70's
and a really nice guy.  He started playing the harp
again more than five years ago.

I wonder who his bass player is.  I know Bob Stroger
was working with him, but he's pretty darn vibrant.
You could hardly call him "older than dirt."  I'll
guess it's former Muddy Waters alumnus, Calvin Jones.

Joe