[Harp-L] Diatonic-sounding chromatic?

>>"The only option currently available from Hohner is the much
larger solo tuned Marine Band that has much bulkier covers. I much prefer the
regular diatonic size solo tuned harp since it is the size I am used to playing.
Any reason why there is not a solo tuned 10-hole diatonic? After all, there are
loads of alternate tunings available, why not solo tuned?<<

  I presume you mean solo-tuned like a chromatic without the lever, and not the Lee Oscar solo tuning.  In that case, I recommend the Huang cadet solo-- bought one recently.  It is a wonderful and compact size harp with 12 holes and tuned like a chromo minus the lever.  And it is totally inexpensive.  But it only comes in C, and I wish they sold a C# to hold above it for full chromo play.  It's hard to justify custom tuning costs that far exceed the cost of the harp itself, but maybe i'll find someone to give me a deal.

  Since it is valveless, the Huang cadet in the hands of one of you guys who can bend well could function as a great chromo alternative.

  LC