From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ray Beltran
Sent: 30 August 2006 05:18
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Dressing Like a Musician

"John Balding" wrote:

> Rick Estrin gave me some good advice on dressing for a gig: "There
> should never be any question as to who's the band and who's the fan."

Some great father of the blues, I think it was Howlin' Wolf, once said,
and I'm paraphrasing,

"(As a musician) you should always dress respectfully, wearin' a suit.
When you're wearin' a suit, people know you as one of two things. Either
a musician, or a preacher."

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music.html