Re: [Harp-L] Goodbye Pork Pie Hat -Diatonic

Sorry, I replied to Larry off list before I realized that his mail to me was on list.  Maybe someone else is interested in the details:

  The only "effect" I used on this recording was reverb from my Alesis Midiverb IV.  I'm playing a Sennheiser e604 drum mic with an AKG snap-on wireless, into a PAiA TubeHead preamp that feeds the Alesis.  The line out runs into a mixer which I plugged into my Mobiblu b153 and recorded using the line-in.

  Thanks, Larry, for the kind words.

  -tim

Larry Haston <LHaston@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Tim Moyer wrote:
> This isn't the head *precisely*, but is a portion of it, played in
> third position in D on a C diatonic -- no overblows:
>
> http://www.workingmansharps.com/Sounds/other/Pork%20Pie.mp3

You've been woodshedding. If I remember correctly, in a post some time
back, You mentioned working on your tone, trying to achieve a trumpet
sound. I think you're there. Besides a lot of hard work, what effects
were used on this? That was a really sweet little run about 40 seconds
into the track also. Will you play "Taps" at my funeral?

lh