[Harp-L] Intonation and Such

JR . . . I'm starting to get confused concerning the point you've been
trying to make . . .

Are you are saying that BOTH bends and overblows are problematic because
they don't have the tonal integrity of so-called 'regular' notes . . . ???
If so, then what's left to play on a Richter-tuned diatonic???

If you are advocating only the use of so-called 'regular' notes as tonally
pure, then one would suppose that the only music that can be played on a
Richter-tuned diatonic is 'some' folk, fiddle, or 'Oompah' tunes . . .
Otherwise, one will have to play either chromatic or alternately tuned
harmonicas to achieve this 'tonal purity' to play other styles of music . .
. Of course, I'm not suggesting that there is anything wrong with playing
chromatic or alternate-tuned harmonicas (actually, one of the most moving
harmonica-listening experiences I've ever had was a Richard Hunter set of
original compositions at Buckeye several years ago playing alternate tuned
harps) . . .

As 'brevity is the soul of wit,' I'd appreciate a quick and simple synopsis
. . . so my very simple mind can grasp these very deep concepts . . .

Regards, Paul Messinger, Chapel Hill NC