Re: Re: [Harp-L] Tongue blocking and speed

"Eric Garcia" <ericgar85@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... i cannot offer any scientific proof of what i'm saying,,
> i'm sorry i cannot offer any "proof."

if you'll pardon my interjection, i don't think jonathon was asking
for proof, but for explanation:

> >So, what is your argument that he can't?  I haven't heard it except  the
> >"physical problems" part, which is vague and undefined.

i'd be curious about the physical problems, as well.  is it that in TB
you don't have the tip of the tongue available for quick transitions between
bent and unbent notes, haviong to use the throat or diaphragm more?
or is it that you hit problems at the ends of the harp?  just guessing here,
i don't TB well yet.  can you elucidate?  perhaps then the experienced TBers
can explain why this is or isn't a problem, or how they work around it.

personally, i don't care either way, but you both seem to be talking
past each other, and missing what could be useful insights for the
rest of us.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

Can't you hear my lambs a callin'?
Oh good shepherd won't you feed my sheep?