[Harp-L] L.D. Miller & Taylor Hicks

Thought I would add a few comments on L.D. Miller and Taylor Hicks.

L.D. Miller is helping the harmonica as is Taylor.  I personally worked hard
to get them both to the Denver SPAH Convention.  L.D.'s agent, Nancy, is a
very professional, gracious and accommodating lady.  She called me
frequently at the SPAH Convention to update us on the progress of the
competition, sent fliers for the arrival packets and to ask our help in the
voting which I am happy to say we provided.  Although there was no official
place awarded other than 1st, Nancy said that L.D. came in second in votes.
L.D. is a SPAH member and did everything possible to attend the convention
but had to hurdle the roadblocks put up by the T.V. network.  Too bad
because he would have added to the convention.  We are chatting about next
year though.

Taylor Hicks' management is another story.  I've worked on this since he
appeared on American Idol.  Countless calls and messages to his manager were
left and I even talked with the agency who promised a response.  No return
calls, no return emails.  I had it set up to provide him with personalized
harmonicas from the manufacturers and to discuss other possibilities.  Even
though we were willing to travel to his location, we still received a dead
ear.  I believe the issue is with the manager not Taylor.  True, SPAH may
not be his cup of tea for a whole host of reasons, but the courtesy of a
response should prevail.   Perhaps one of the reasons we are being ignored
is because we do not represent income.  However, we can bring him the
support of almost 800 SPAH members.  Meanwhile, I will continue to try
contact him.  Anyone who has some influence is welcome to assist.  Write me
offline.

Tom