[Harp-L] Re: Jazz Jams at SPAH

Elizabeth wrote:
> I only wish the Jazz jams  didn't conflict with the late-night
> Blues Jams...since I so enjoy both

I don't know about Buckeye, but at SPAH the jazz jams didn't
conflict with the blues jams, they conflicted with the evening
entertainment.  Most entertainment ran until nearly midnight, and
the jazz jams were at 9:30.  I would love to have made it to one,
but SPAH is always full of tough choices.

As it was, I spent mid-morning on Friday sitting in the hallway with
Phil Caltabellotta, Jim Lohman, Pete Blasburg, Tom Stryker and
others (including PT Gazell on diatonic) listening to some great
jazz jamming along with Jamie Abersold play-along tracks on a Bose
Wave.  Although I didn't play, I was invited to join them the next
day, and regret not making it by in time -- I stayed up too late the
night before playing with Jimi Lee, Chris and George.

Next year I'll definitely seek out this group to participate, and
would love for it to be with accompanyment, but if not, I'll
find 'em in the hallway again!

-tim