[Harp-L] re: nasal embouchure

Thanks to Tom Ball for the link. Glad to see others are taking up the nasal embouchure: for a while I was afraid I was the only one.

If I could have gone to the conventions this year no doubt I would have sickened a few people with this technique. It's really not hard, though I'm not sure if it has an advantage. What I want to work on next is using both the nasal and oral embouchure simultaneously. It's difficult, and mitigated by the fact that I should probably learn circular breathing first (so as to be able to play the two semi-independently), but it could open up a world of possibilities. Another thing I've thought of is not using a harmonica per se for the nasal instrument, but rather a blow accordion (with a tube of sorts) as that way I could play chords, which are difficult with the nasal harmonica. A melodia would work, but if you are playing harp at the same time you'd want to be able to both blow and draw, so a blow accordion might be better...

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()   & Snuffy, too:)
`----'