Re: [Harp-L] Cotton question-Iceman's Editorial

Cotton is one of those artists that has tremendous force of will in regards to his harmonica sound. Therefore, he doesn't need to dilute his "power" by spending time looking for "gear" to give him big tone. He is big tone personified.

Anyone can do it. It's so easy you won't believe it, and that's the problem - you WON'T believe it, therefore limiting your ability to do just that.

I don't know the man personally, but I would venture to guess that he is much more heart and much less head in his approach - perhaps a simple man with one purpose in life, of which he dedicated his life to. In other words, while others are agonizing over figuring out how to get big tone with thoughts, logic and equipment, Cotton uses that energy to just do it.

The Iceman