[Harp-L] Chromatica query

G'day Harp folks --  I have a fairly OLD Hohner 260/40 Chromatica -- The 5 hole Blow
(slide in OR out) gives a note that (gently blown,) is fine,  but blow any harder and it
has a very very fine vibrato like sound to it; pitch is still correct.
      At the back, the comb shows a vertical fine crack, in the area of the 5 hole;  I've
filled that with warm bees wax, and still get that unwanted sound.
        Is it possible the crack goes right from back to front, and would be the cause of my problem?   If some of you say that is possible, I'll disassemble and see if I can make a fix.   Thanx -- BG - Ca