Re: [Harp-L] Re:Harp of Choice

Golden Melody is my preference, because of the tone. I hear a richer, darker and more introverted sound from this harmonica that suits my temperament and inner voice.

Custom harmonicas may play easier, but all those I've tried have a brighter, thinner tone to my ears.

Most of my GM's are 10 years old or older, as I don't "blow" them out. A few have had replacement reeds installed by Joe Filisko and/or Richard Sleigh to keep them going.

For a while, new GM's were of poor quality, but lately have proven to be pretty good, at least the few I've tried.

Of course, I will tune and regulate them to my liking out of the box before using.

The Iceman