From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ken Deifik
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:32 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] A YouTube Warning

First, hello to my old pals on Harp-l.  I've been lurking and enjoying
your
wisdom.

I visited Randy Singer's site this evening and saw that he had posted a
YouTube-linked video of himself playing.  Great stuff, too.

However, anyone who is thinking of posting their music and image on
YouTube
ought to look at Cringley's recent article on the subject at

The whole subject of copyright vis-a-vis YouTube is just beginning to
get
sticky, and is probably going to get stickier.  Apparently by posting to

YouTube you agree to give up all kinds of rights to them.  I'm not a
lawyer, but I did work in music copyrights a long time ago, and found
this
article to be a real eye-opener.

I urge anyone who is thinking of posting their music to a website other
than their own to read the usage agreement very carefully before
posting.

Ken