Re: [Harp-L] what`s with harp-l?

Sometimes the list is just slow. If you are worried the list is down here are a couple of things you can do to check to see if we're up or not. Go to www.harp-l.org and check to see the if the site is up. From there go to the archive and look at the posts. If you see a bunch of posts that haven't made it to you yet it might be time to check you subscription settings. Go back one page to the harp-l home page and mid way down the page you'll see a subscription changes form. Use it to make sure your account didn't get set to nomail for bouncing. If you've forgotten your password you can request on this same page. You will need top know the address you've subscribed under

One thing to remember about the digest is it doesn't generate as often as posts do so you'll often see posts in the archive before the digest has gotten big enough to send. Another thing to remember is often times someone will include a url or link in a post that will trigger filtering and an entire digest gets lost. It happens a lot with AOL. That's not us that's your isp.

Another simple thing to do is go to a command prompt while connected and type ping harp-l.com or ping harp-l.org. You'll get a response back with the average travel time for the packets sent. If we ping we're up. So far we've never lost sendmail for any length of time so generally if we're there we're working. Mialman fingers crossed has ben very behaved. Actually so has sendmail we just got a setting wrong when we were having that problem. Our site is also pretty darn reliable, we go down but not for very long at all and it has been awhile since that has happened. fjm