[Harp-L] 12dw7 tube

http://www.harpamps.com/weber/Guitar51.htm

  I was reading through the above article today.  Neither of my amps have the Paraphase style Phase Inverter.  I had read in the archives that some have used a 12dw7 tube in place of that (for a similar result).  I was wondering if anybody could share the results they have had with that tube?  I was thinking of trying one in place of the first tube in my Pro Junior.  I am trying to tinker to get just a little more drive before feedback.  Volume isn't really the concern, I am just trying to kill some of the same frequencies as the Kinder.  If I use my Kinder with the PJ I can get an amped I am 95% happy with.  The drive I get without the pedal is great, but as soon as I let my cup go is squeals.  The H dust cap on my Weber hasn't helped much.

  Last night I tried reversing the speaker polarity.  Didn't notice much of a change in feedback at all.  I was thinking of trying it again with the 12dw7.  Thoughts?

  I was also thinking of dropping the preamp's plate voltage, but isn't that the same as just switching tubes?  After all, they both just lower the gain of the preamp.  Is there any benefit to one over the other.  I am in search of getting the high level distortion

  I am not much of a gear head at all, but we're taking most the month off from gigging, and I feel like doing a little experimenting between woodshedding sessions.  I actually feel a little dirty when I post about gear.  I am going to practice arpeggios so I feel better now.

  ***I understand the whole acoutic chop thing, and blah, blah, blah.  My questions are in regards to me a/bing two setups while using the same mics and harps.

  Thanks,

Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
NiteRail