Re: [Harp-L] Volume difference between amps???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>

> I am seriously thinking of selling my Bassman for an amp that has less
watts then my Pro Junior (or that is less feedback prone).  The PJ would be
my >"large" amp.  I've also heard that you can run the PJ with a speaker
cabinet and that it would be plenty loud that way too.

  >The PJ, even with the crappy speaker sounded better on 3 or higher then
the Bassman did on 4.  I simply think the Bassman is too loud to crank it to
the    >tone that I want it.

 >I am open to all sorts of thoughts and lines of thinking.

I think you need two amps, unless you're smarter than me and decide you'll
never play in a high volume situation.  The small amps do sound great, and
can be perfect when you have some control over the sound and the volume,
but, when you loose control, they're usually nothing but trouble.  Either
you can't be heard, you can't hear yourself, or both. Personally, if I'm in
that type of situation, I'd rather stay home than deal with the frustration.
My small 5 to 7 watt Champ type amps never cut it at open jams, or when
sitting in, so I keep a larger amp around as a backup.

Mark