[Harp-L] Gary Smith - West Coast Tone Daddy

The Iceman wrote:
Last I heard, he played harmonica part time and worked by day as a
gardener or landscaper.

This is true - at least it was about 2 years ago when I took a lesson with him. I had studied with Dave Barrett for 5 years but I started supplementing that with lessons with other pros in the area once in a while just to get new perspectives and ideas. Gary was a prince - I had arranged for an hour and a half lesson. I think we spent 2 and a half hours together - and he wouldn't take more money. Super nice guy and willing to share what he knows. The name West Coast Tone Daddy is completely appropriate- Gary has the most amazing full, deep tone. And I would say the guy who comes the closest to it is his one-time student, Dave Barrett.