[Harp-L] Re:How we learned diatonic harmonica

 > So, how did we actually learn to play? An interesting
> question.... you had to really love the harmonica to spend 6
> months trying to learn how to bend one note without the aids
> that exist currently.

Hi all,

Guess all of us who picked up on harp in the early seventies did more or less the same high school of reading Tony Glover's great book, listening to those black Chess albums and other available recordings. Little Walter, Sonny Boy II, Jimmy Reed, Big Walter, Jimmy Cotton, Junior Wells, Slim Harpo etc. But hey! Think about how most of our heroes started out. Listening to 78s, sneaking into juke joints, playing on street corners. Compared to these true masters we 70s beginners were quite privileged in our first steps of learning blues harp.

Cheers,

Harri