[Harp-L] Fwd: Re: [mapleblue-l] kryptic blues message Curtis Salgado??

Curtis Salgado

April 21, 2006, 9:05AM
Blues Brothers inspiration diagnosed with liver cancer

Associated Press

EUGENE, Ore. ? Curtis Salgado, who is credited with visually inspiring
John Belushi's Blues Brothers act, has been diagnosed with liver
cancer.

"I am fortunate to be under the care of an incredible team of doctors
and nurses, and I'm inspired by the courageous people who have faced
this fight before me," the 52-year-old singer and bluesman said in a
recent statement.

Salgado, who grew up in Eugene and lives in Portland, was diagnosed
three weeks ago. He expects to begin radiation treatment next month and
eventually hopes to have a liver transplant, said his longtime manager,
Shane Tappendorf.

Salgado was singing and playing harmonica for blues guitarist Robert
Cray in 1977 when he met Belushi at the Eugene Hotel. Belushi was in
town to film Animal House.

In a 2005 article in Guitar Player magazine, Cray recalled: "Curtis
wore prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses, and he had a little growth of
hair under his bottom lip. Right then, Belushi got the idea to start
the Blues Brothers, basing his character on Curtis."

Salgado has been working in Nashville, Tenn., on new material for his
fourth album. He expects to be performing by early June, Tappendorf
said.

On the Net:

www.curtissalgado.com/

On Apr 22, 2006, at 2:12 PM, derek andrews wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone saw this message on city-tv's pulse 24 scroll
> yesterday.  It read something like this:  (Riddle me this!)

yes mo, that was strange that they left the name out...

the only thing i could find at all related was that the Hill Street
Blues producer had died.  the blues brother website keeps crashing my
computer so if anyone else has news please share.

derek.

--

-
502 - 680 queens quay west, toronto, ON, canada, M5V 2Y9

Yahoo! Groups Links