[Harp-L] Hole spacing on different harps (Was Seydel Blues Favorite)

Zag, I mean Don, said:
"Zig,  I have a Seydel Blues Session with the plastic comb.  In this model, the center-to-center hole spacing is slightly greater than other brand harps.  Do you observe the same with the Blues Favorite Black?  I would assume so, but would like to confirm.
Zag... No, No! Make that CDon"

Don, I pulled out all my harps to compare and that is an  absolutely correct observation: both of the two Seydels  do stretch the 10 holes out slightly wider(7.75 cm) than Hohner( 7.2 cm), Hering (7.2 cm), or Oskar ( 7.3 cm).  The Blues Session has a substantially thicker comb(plastic) than the Blues Favorite Black(black anodized aluminum) but from end to end they are the same width, but the Session has larger square holes with thinner comb space between reeds while the Favorite has narrower holes with thicker combspace between which is slightly rounded/contoured with biconcave shape.
To take it a step further, looking at comb thickness: listed from thinnest to thickest: the Aluminum Blues Favorite black thinnest, then Marine Band, then Golden Melody= Hering, then Seydel Blues Session=Lee Oskar=Special 20.
The Seydel Blues Favorite Black has the thickest reedplates BY FAR.  Can someone more knowledgable than I please tell us what thicker reedplates impart compared to thin?  Where's Joe Filisko when you have a question like this!?  Paul Messinger: I know you know the answer to this one as you own some Thick reed-plated Filisko and Sleigh harps!
Now you've got me wondering whether responsiveness of a harp as far as bending/overblows is at all related to comb thickness or reedplate thickness, as the Favorite seems so easy and the thicker combed harps(Oskars and the Sessions) traditionally are poor , squaking overblowers.  (or is it reed material, length to width ratios etc). I call for a scientific investigation!
Zig, scientist