Re: [Harp-L] Douglas Tate Memorial Service

At 04:18 PM 4/21/2006, lgs wrote:
Today, on the day of Douglas Tate's memorial service, my thoughts and
condolences go out to Mrs. Barbara Tate - loving widow of Douglas Tate,
Hilary Tate - ex-wife of Douglas Tate and mother of his children, and of
course to Douglas's daughters.

I'm sure we all recognize and respect Bobbie's grief in the loss of her dear friend and business partner, but I do believe that we should make it a point to include Douglas's wife and family members in our thoughts today as well.

Thank you, Lynda, for your recognition. I gather the service was a fitting tribute with music, testimonials and readings honoring Douglas.

Nonetheless, it may seem surprising to many that I was not invited; nor even informed until today that contributions might have been accepted from abroad. As well, I sincerely hope your remarks were not assuming nor implying that I have never extended my sympathies to his relatives and/or friends, before or after his death, for you would be mistaken.

And in kind, I am so VERY grateful for all the condolences that have been extended to me, most expressed with full knowledge, [as you are also well aware,] that Doug was not merely my "dear friend and business partner," but my romantic partner for years, right up to his becoming ill, yet who then married a few weeks after his surgery. Try to imagine dealing with that sometime.

Despite the profoundly convoluted situation, let there be no doubt that my heart naturally goes out to his family, friends, acquaintances and all who knew him, or even wished they had, and again, to you and Pat as well.

My sincerest sympathies to all,
and deep heart thanks, too.

Bobbie