[Harp-L] Steve Warner, ThunderHarpMics & HIS NEW KT-66 SINGLE-ENDED TWEED HARP AMP!!

Hi -- first of all, I want to thank the List for hours of enjoyment and the knowledge shared by all the posters...absolutely invaluable!

Secondly, I'd like to relate my recent experience with Steve Warner from Thunder Harp Mics --

I live about 45 minutes up the freeway from Steve in SoCal and had contacted him a couple weeks ago regarding his mics. I subsequently learned of the new amp he's building powered by a single KT-66 tube....

Long story short, Steve took the time last night to not only drive up to my house with a full complement of mics, but he also brought this new amp, which I can easily describe in a single word: WOW!

I've heard/played a lot of great little amps over the years, but never one with as much volume, bite, crunch and pure grindy tone as this one! We plugged in a LOT of mics -- various ThunderHarpMics, a white label CR 520, an old RCA w/R7, JT-30 w/a 151l, Shure Dynamics, etc. -- and they all sounded great through this little amp! I'm now saving my money and trying to figure out what equipment I should sell and how to explain to my wife that, YES, we do need another harp amp in the house!

All in all, as impressed as I am by this dangerous little piece of equipment, I'm even more impressed by the way Steve treated me -- in terms of the bigger musical picture, I'm a "nobody," just a guy who loves the blues and loves to play harp and guitar. Nevertheless, Steve ended up spending over two hours at my house while we plugged in various mics and amps and chewed the fat about harmonica gear, players, and the blues. And he did this on a Saturday night when he could have been hanging out at Long Beach's Blue Cafe with real musicians or just relaxing at home with his family.

I've got nothing to gain by passing this info along -- before his visit my relationship with Steve amounted to a couple of eMails and two short phone conversations, one of which was simply for directions to my house. I just wanted to publicly thank Steve for his time and enthusiasm and share my experience with the List.

Best wishes to everybody on Harp-L,

Tim