Fwd: [Harp-L] Memory Man petal question

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eric Garcia" <ericgar85@...> wrote:

hi..

i just got a Deluxe Memory Man petal on ebay.

i'm having some trouble... aparantly the Direct  Out jack either doesn't
work,,
or renders the petal ineffective.
the Echo Out jack gives nice echo effects,, but i want straight chorus.

can someone who owns one give me a setting layout that might help...
i keep messin with it,, i get more of a delay effect.,,or.
.. if it may not be functioning properly, let me know so i can send back
asap and get my money back..

thanks harpers!!!

eric in miami

Eric, my undertanding is that the direct out is supposed to be the dry signal - so there is
probably nothing wrong with your unit.  I never use the direct out unless I sometimes want
to run a dry signal to one amp and a delayed signal to another (with the blend on the delay
set at or near max) -- FUN!    Also, it really isn't  a multi effects pedal -- the chorus (or
vibrato) is really just to add some spice to the delay -- not meant to be used as a chorus
pedal with the delay off.   I really like mine, but I find that I like it better with some amps
than with others -- with some amps I prefer my reverb pedal.  So many variables!
--John K.