[Harp-L] JD Wilkes

I was talking today about harp in an alt country band
(not a genre I follow).  I was wondering if that would
mean acoustic playing through a vocal mike.  The
person I was talkng with said not necessarily --
consider the Legendary Shack Shakers.  So I visited
the All Music Guide website -- the harp player lead
singer is Colonel J. D. Wilkes -- apparently the band
(and front man) are pretty wild.  I just ordered a CD.
 Can anybody say a bit about Wilkes style (hopefully
with more substance than judgement)?  (I don't recall
much mention of him on the list.)  Thanks!  (In the
meantime, I'll search the archives and google a bit.)
--John K.