[Harp-L] My Five

1. Do the Twist with Ray Charles (at least that's the title of the LP my dad first brought home, complete with Arthur Murray-style foot-silhouettes showing how to do the twist; issued under many titles, it's the great compilation with "Tell the Truth," "Leave My Woman Alone," "What'd I Say," etc.  Musically and hormonally, almost more than a 12-year-old could bear.

2. The Paul Butterfield Blues Band.  Aside from the sheer genius of the music, how cool was the album cover, with those two photos--the blurred one, in mid-performance in matching Sam and Dave style suits, and the chilling-out one in front of the roots-and-potions storefront...

3.  His Majesty King Funk, Grant Green and Donald Byrd.  Aptly titled forevermore.

4.  Sex Machine, James Brown. The double live LP--"Down in the South, where I used to play; the name of the place--WHAT?--Augusta G.A."

5.  Ballads, John Coltrane.  As previously discussed.

Peace and Respect,
Johnny T