[Harp-L] VS: Required Reading

Dan, great thread you started! Interesting to see the range of variation of favorites from Beatles to John Coltrane. Unsurprisingly, most lists consist of blues harmonica like mine does:

Simply the best blues harp ever recorded
1. Little Walter - The Chess Years 1952-1963
2. Sonny Boy Williamson - This Is My Story
Superb interaction of harp and guitar
3. Junior Wells - It's My Life Baby
4. Paul Butterfield Blues Band
5. James Harman - Strictly Live in '85 plus

Quite a lot of albums are equally good for "required reading" but sticking to the rules of just 5, this is it.

Harri