Re: [Harp-L] A microphone transformer query.

 How many do you want?steve--- On Thu 04/20, G < gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: G [mailto: gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:19:48 +1200Subject: Re: [Harp-L] A microphone transformer query.Hi Dave,Thank you for the suggestion. I've had a good hunt around and Shuredoesn't appear to sell the internal transformer for the 545 although theyoffer the cartridge itself. Do you know the ratios for that transformer?How about electronics suppliers who stock (good) microphone line levelmatching transformers?Thanks,-- G.At 10:30 20/04/06 +0200, Dave Ferguson wrote:>Shure may stock these, if you get hold of a Shure spares dealer in your>area and ask wether they can supply you with the transformer that is used>in their current 545's that should do the trick. "" side is the HiZ end,>and the XLR end will be connected to the element. You can either leave the>switch in (if space allows) or you can remove and bypass it. Have fun>and
let us know how you get on... Regards Dave Ferguson>> On 20/04/06, G wrote: Hi there,>I'm trying to work out what kind of line matching transformer I'd need>for stepping up Shure's vocal microphones' cartridges to unbalanced high >impedance.>" transformers you buy from>music shops I have two of those. What I'm talking about the component that>is soldered between the microphone element and the microphone jack. >I welcome any information on these, what to get, where to get it, and how>to wire them up.>Thank you,>-- G._______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com