[Harp-L] Required reading

> Well, required reading for me means Rory Gallager. He leaves  say, Clapton
> for dead as far as white guitar Blues go, and his heartfelt blues harp are
> what drew me (future superstar) to harp  for the musical possibilities of
> blues altogether, so

1. Live In Europe (Rory Gallagher)
2. Nine Below Zero (Sonny Boy Williamsion II) [What? Harp can be a lead
instrument?)
3. A proper intro to Little Walter (Little Walter [Gobsmacking Smacking up])
4. A Love Supreme ('Trane [I'll make them make my my name to be cliche] )
5. 2006--02-25 (Jason Ricci & The New Blood [Woah, Harp can sound like
Hendrix?])

Now that I think about it, any of Beck's albums could slot in here. He
throws harp in whenever he can, with great modern production effect, yet
I've never heard hem mentioned on Harp-L. Until now.
Cathal