Re: [Harp-L] Influence?

I played harmonica before I knew people played professionally is that makes sense.... I never liked the sound of the harmonica until I heard Howard Levy. I like classical music especially violin and cello it's no coincidence that I was drawn to Howard because of his violin-like sound. The energy I exhibit when I play, I call if ferocity and those who have seen me will understand, comes from Coltrane and Michael Brecker who got it from Coltrane. The lines I play are string-like or horn like or guitar like depending on what I'm playing. I try to draw the energy from the person I am trying to emulate. For example when I play Hendrix stuff I draw from his spirit and in essence become a part of who he is as a musicial being.