[Harp-L] Re:John Sebastian Jr.

I concur w/ Mr's Ellis & Bonfiglio, SPAH needs acknowledge this family.
Also, Hohner's support for JS Sr. back in the day was reprenhensible and
they dropped the ball in supporting this pioneer of the chromatic.

    I've had the pleasure and honor on about 5 or 6 occassions to share the
stage with John Jr.....His musicianship is impeccable. He is a prolific
songwriter and wonderful Guitar and Harmonicist....and WHAT a GENTLEMAN!

   a few months ago I was doin' a gig up in Harlem at Dinosaur BBQ, John Jr.
walked in with his lil' amp Gtr and sack of Harps. set up next to me and
played the whole night and wouldn't take any money!!!

    We played Canned Heats "Goin' up the Country" (really an ole Henry
Thomas tune) and John was cracking up when I played the flute lines on
harp,-))

    2 years ago, I played a private wedding in Woodstock, NY- John Jr.
called me and asked if he could stop in at the party as he hadn't seen Jimmy
Vivino and Pretty Purdie in awhile (they were both on the gig). John showed
up w/ his lovely wife, both dressed to the nines! John again setup his rig
and again played the whole night w/ the band for FREE!.......He is a
beautiful cat......a RARE breed.

     John Jr. is VERY interested in the newer improvements on Diatonic ie:
customs etc. I recentely hooked him up w/ some of  our master customizers
and he's exciting about getting some super-duper custom harps and even a few
of Dad's old Chrom's refurbished. He too LOVED the older Meisterclass
Diatonics.

Love & Peace,
rob paparozzi