Re: Re: Re: [Harp-L] Meisterklasse

John Kerkhoven wrote:
> when you emboss Meisterklass reedplates -- assuming you
> have done this -- what do you differently from when you
> emboss SP or GM plates?

The chroming makes the plates harder, and so more pressure or more
repetitions are needed.  That said, as Fernando points out, the
plating itself narrows the tolerances, so perhaps this helps to
offset the effect of it being more difficult to deform.

> BTW#2, my harp instructor turned me onto another material to
> control squeals: funtack. Not sure how it compares in efficiency
> to the other methods, but it is easy to work with.

How is the funtack used, on the root end of the reed as Tinus uses
the wax, or on the middle of the reed as Antaki uses Turbo Tape?  My
only concern about the funtack -- and I know nothing about this, so
I'm not saying it is a risk -- would be whether it might dislodge
and come into the mouth, and whether it's toxic.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/