Re: [Harp-L] Third position rave and questions

play you C harp in 2nd and practice playing the same lick in the same KEY on your F harp. Try to think in terms of notes. On the C your draw 2 is G and on the F your draw 1 is G. Without getting too rooted in theory for the moment, think in terms of "wail" notes as Gindick would put it. On the F harp the 4 draw is the same as the 2 draw on the C. The draw 6 on the F is the same as the draw 4 on the C harp. The blow 7 on the F is the same as the draw 5.
In third position, when the songs moves to the IV, all you need to do is play your cross harp licks
I play almost everything in 3rd or 12th positions.