Re: [Harp-L] Sir George Martin "American Sketches"

Bravo Robert !!!
You do all of us proud.

>>> Robert Bonfiglio <bon@xxxxxxxxxx> 04/17/06 10:34PM >>>
Got a nice letter from Sir George Martin about my performance of his
"American Sketches" for Harmonica and String Orchestra.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for sending me your recording of the Sketches. You are a
BRILLIANT
musician and I loved it. Orchestra was good, too, handling the tricky
5/4
movement well and keeping up with you in a bustling fashion. I am not
used
to Old Boston being played quite so slowly, but your tone is beautiful
and
the instrument comes over very well.

It is exciting news that the Wichita Symphony want to do a TV show with
you.
As you say, one does not bank on anything in the Television world, but
if it
comes off it will a tremendous coup. I do hope so. Very exciting.

Thank you again for the disc and thank you for your interest and
enthusiasm.

Kindest regards,

George.