Re: [Harp-L] Simultaneous blow and overblow

But they're not always dissonant - there lies the easier opportunity
(the harder one being to make the dissonant ones work).

HOles 1, 4, and 6 will give you a minor third between blow and
overblow/

HOle 2 will give you a major third.

HOle 4 will give you a fourth (pefrect if you bend it up a bit, true of
all these intervals)

Hole 5 will give you a major second - more of a dissonance.

In the overdraws:

7OD with 7B will give you a semitone - a true dissonance.

8OD with 8D will give you a minor third.

9OD with 9D, also a minor third.

10OD with 10D - a major third.

NOw, I've never gone above HOle 4 in trying to cultivate this, so the
above theroetical possibilities remain theoretical in my experience.

Also, an interval that is not of itself dissonant, like a minor third,
may still clash with the undelrying scale of the tune being played,
like Eb in a C major scale. Of course we know from playing blues that
there are creative ways to make use of such things.

Winslow