[Harp-L] John Sebastian

i had a wonderful John Sebastian experience at my Grand Canyon Music Festival. I had performed the Villa-Lobos Harmonica Concerto written for John Sebastian, Sr. over one weekend with the Albany Symphony and then flew Monday to the Grand Canyon and played concerts with John Sebastian, Jr. on Tues. and Wed.

Needless to say, going from classical music to playing jug band music is a real left-right brain shift. I kept having to remind myself with John, Jr. to play way behind the beat. I did do a nice version of Amy's theme on chromatic and then to John, Jr's surprise, I played a solo part of the slow movement of Villa-Lobos dedicated to his father. He was quite moved. I thought it was so cool his stories hanging out with Dylan and Mississippi John Hurt in the Village.

John Jr. is a great harp player and a great guitarist as well. His father was probably the premiere classical player of his time. SPAH needs to honor them both!!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com