Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Meisterklasse

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fernando Bresslau
<bresslau@...> wrote:

Rob Paparozzi wrote:
> When the original MK Diatonics came out that had 5 screws fastening
the
> plate. When the design went to 3 screws, that's when it all went
down hill
> for me.......waaaaaaay too leaky and inconsistent, I say bring back
the 2
> extra screws!,-) But I haven't rfeally been up on the newer MK's
are they
> still 3 screw plates??
> rob paparozzi
Hi Rob.

You are talking about the MK MS.
Actually, it was the other way round. The original MS series had only
3
reedplate screws for every harmonica, except the Blues Harp (2). Then
Hohner invested in tooling to introduce the 2 extra screws for the MK
MS. 3 were too little, now it is better. By the way, for some years
now
all MS harmonicas are "hand made", that is, the machine which
riveted,
set the gap and tuned the plates has been put out of use. The quality
has increased considerably.

All the best,
Fernando