[Harp-L] Meisterklasse, MS, and number of screws

The cool thing about MS reedplates is that ALL reedplates regardless
of model are drilled for 5 holes. For models other than Meisterklasse
you can drill any needed holes in the comb, find 2 more MS screws
(comes with replacement reedplate, or 0-80 screws will work), and you
have a five-screw harp.

My MS Discrete Comb comes pre-drilled for five screws, as do Mark
Lavoie's titanium and maple MS combs.

It's interesting that both Mark and I focused on the MS series for
our comb upgrades due to the ease of servicing and modular
construction, which offers a variety of different cover shapes.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fernando Bresslau
<bresslau@...> wrote:

<snip>

The original MS series had only 3
reedplate screws for every harmonica, except the Blues Harp (2). Then
Hohner invested in tooling to introduce the 2 extra screws for the MK
MS. 3 were too little, now it is better. By the way, for some years
now
all MS harmonicas are "hand made", that is, the machine which
riveted,
set the gap and tuned the plates has been put out of use. The quality
has increased considerably.

All the best,
Fernando