[Harp-L] Re: Kim Wilson show on 4-13-06 Now Favorite Kim Wilson CD's

Kim Wilson is my current living favorite blues harp  playing/singing front
man. I've enjoyed listening to him over time (since  the 'Girls Gone Wild' early
Austin Fab T-Birds days up through his current  T-Birds with Kirk Fletcher
and Nick Curran that I saw at the Wilmington,  Delaware USA Riverfront Blues
Fest last August. He played through a pair of  Fender Bassman reissue amps which
I believe were festival stage provided. The  previous day I played through my
Sonny Jr. 410.

Kim is an outstanding harp player and an outstanding singer/bandleader.  Kirk
Fletcher played a solo that told a story and had the entire crowd up and
following note for note. Nick Curran looked like a punk rocker but played
tasteful backing like someone twice his age. This current incarnation of the
T-Birds is different but still great. I'll agree the Painted On CD is not my
favorite either.

My favorite Kim Wilson CDs:

1. Smokin' Joint (live great playing in an outstanding swingin' band)
2. Tigerman (simply for the title cut tone of Junior Watson and Kim)
3. Ludella (Kim playing his ass off with the real deal Jimmy Rogers)
4. The Memphis Barbeque Sessions (acoustic brilliance w/ Big Jack  Johnson)

Andy Vincent