[Harp-L] Re: Where did Norton get a 2016 in A?

Winslow,
I appreciate the vote of confidence?
I taught harmonica at Corcoran State Prison (where
Manson lives), in CA
in the early to mid 90?s and Norton was a guest
artist at one point where
he did a concert for the inmates. It was during
that visit he told me about
his retuning.

Another story Norton told me about was the
?Runaway? session with BR.
Norton said he had some sort of flu or cold and
was so sick and had a fever,
and could barely think straight that day?But he
was NOT going to miss this
golden opportunity to do this session. As I
recall, he got to the studio, and
was asked to lay down one of his impeccable
CHROMATIC solos on the tune.
After a couple of attempts, they just weren?t real
happy but they understood
he was feeling really sick and felt he bad he
couldn?t give them what they said
they wanted.  As they thanked him for his efforts,
he said ?Can we try just
one more thing??, to which they said, sure, why
not?  He then broke out
four diatonic harps, got them organized in front
of him, and laid down the
now infamous solo IN ONE TAKE!  Everyone?s mouth
in the studio that
day just hung wide open in AWE!  Of course they
all loved it, and couldn?t
believe what they had just seen and heard.  And
Norton said to them?
When I first listened to the tune, that?s kind of
how I thought it would sound best.

Oh and by the way, don?t let that Michael Polesky
fool you either?We all appreciate Norton?s
talent on the Chromatic, but Michael is amazing on
Chromatic as well.

Steamin? Stan