Re: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:25:47 -0400
From: <alliance@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Norton Buffalo
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Frank Huang used to customize different chrom keys for Stevie Wonder (he
> told me so back in the 70's), so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume
> that he'd customized different 2016 keys for Norton Buffalo . . .
> Paul Messinger/Chapel Hill NC

Hi,
  When Norton was doing his Blues Review Tour through NZ not so long ago,
Norton Buffalo told me himself Frank Huang tuned his 2016 to key of A (A2
below C3).  He opened his set with a blistering solo on it, he's a dazzling
artist.  I have Steve Malerbi to thank for asking me to say "Hi" from him
as an ice breaker.  Norton went on to say how he used to do all his own
harp maintenance, but ended up spending his tour evenings replacing
windsavers in his hotel room while the band were relaxing at the bar.  So
Steve has that job now.   I think he has to be something special for a
customer with those sort of standards.
Cheers,
-- G.