To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 10:54 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] PT Gazell on Paycheck's "Take This Job"

>From: Captron100@xxxxxxx
Danny wrote:
I happened upon a commercial advert - Time-Life Records doing a bit of selling - and who happened to be on camera at that very short second? It was Johnny Paycheck singing "Take This Job and Shove It", and there was our very own PT Gazell doing his thing!

That's interesting, re PT with Paycheck. But on the original recording, to
my ear it sounds like Charlie McCoy. Am i correct?

It was Charlie on the studio cut of that tune. I think that Danny saw a video clip of Johnny live. PT played in his touring band and probably on some other albums.

but...
can anybody help sounding at least a bit like Charlie on a commercial country recording session?

Taking nothing away from Phil,
Charlie was and still is the dominant paradigm for that style.

I think that PT would agree with that.

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com