[Harp-L] V7 scales -> the tone clock (WAS dim. half whole -> another perspective)

In 1992 when studying music, I wrote a paper about the usage of the tone
clock
to represent chords and scales in a graphical way. The tone clock is nothing
more
than the circle of fourth/fifth/minor seconds. I prefer to use the circle of
fourths.

The 12 hours represent the tones in our twelve tone system. By drawing
lines between the hours, one creates a graphical representation of scales,
chords or
tone sets. The paper I wrote contains all the possible forms that can be
drawn this way,
and so contains all the possible notes and scales. It has been my harmonic
basis while
composing contemporary classical music.

On my website, you can find an example of a graphical representation of
the dominant seventh scales as mentioned in a previous posting.

Hope this is worth another penny.

Abraços,

Wim Dijkgraaf
http://www.wimdijkgraaf.com